DNS Strength Training 1
3 Day course (Includes DNS Exercise 1)
Overview of DNS-Strength Training 1:
DNS-ST1 is an introductory course designed for both strength training and medical professionals with the singular focus of equipping attendees with the skills to effectively apply the powerful concepts of DNS to traditional strength training movements such as pressing, pulling, hinging and squatting. In this course, all of the exercises are bilateral and symmetrical (e.g. double arm kettlebell swing vs. single arm swing). It is an entry-level course; as such, no prior DNS experience is required to attend. This course is perfect for anyone who consistently uses these movements in their personal and professional lives.
Strength Training Movements Covered:
- Hinging: Barbell/Kettlebell deadlift, Kettlebell swing , Barbell Romanian Deadlift
- Squatting: Goblet Squat, Barbell Front Squat
- Pressing: Bench Press, Barbell press, push-ups
- Pulling: Barbell Row, Pull-ups, Chin-ups.
Courser Requirements/Pre-requisites: None.
This is an entry level course for DNS. No prior DNS experience is required.
Who is eligible to take this course? Everyone.
This course is NOT restricted to medical professionals.
- Introduce fundamental DNS concepts such as functional joint centration & ontogenesis.
- Cover the anatomy and mechanics of trunk stabilization.
- Cover multiple DNS tests for trunk stability.
- Cover physiological and pathological postures.
- Workshop DNS exercises based in developmental kinesiology from newborn to 6 months.
- Apply DNS concepts to common bilateral, sagittal plane, strength training movements such as pushing, pulling, hinging and squatting.
- Attendees will be able to apply DNS concepts to common bilateral, sagittal plane, strength training movements such as pushing, pulling, hinging and squatting.
- Attendees will be able to perform basic DNS tests to properly identify instability in their patients/athletes
- Attendees will be able to properly assess and correct respiration
- Attendees will be able to cue and teach proper respiration.
Full Course Information (PDF) (Click to download)