Shane is a Sports Chiropractor and an expert in the treatment, assessment and rehabilitation of golf injuries. He has extensive post graduate training in the treatment of sports & soft tissue injuries including low back & functional rehabilitation. He holds a Masters in Sports and Exercise Medicine through the University of South Wales in the UK. His dissertation was on 'Injury Prevalence & Risk Factors in Elite Irish Junior Golfers'.
Shane worked on both the European & PGA Tours for 10 years and his main clients included Padraig Harrington, Shane Lowry, Michael Hoey, Peter Uihlein & Ross Fisher. He has consulted to the Golf Ireland High Performance National junior panels since 2017 assisting with the long term development of Ireland's elite junior golfers.
He enjoys working with athletes of all levels to help improve their physical performance enabling them to play their sport to the best of their ability. Shane continues to travel in his spare time, researching and studying the best methods to help people achieve their ultimate goal.
Expertise & Qualifications
- Shane graduated from the Welsh Institute of Chiropractic from the University of South Wales in 2006 with a B Sc (Hons) Degree in Chiropractic.
- MSc Sports & Exercise Medicine with Distinction from the University of South Wales.
- Internationally Certified Sports Chiropractor (ICSC) with FICS (International Federation of Sports Chiropractic)
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Professional (Level 3) and Fitness Professional (Level 2)
- Lead Instructor for Active Release Techniques (ART®) & Full Body Level 1 & 2 Certified Provider
- Certified Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation (DNS) Practitioner & Exercise Trainer
- McGill Method Level 1, 2 & 3
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist (FRC®ms)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) & Functional Movement Screen (FMS)